Week 7: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 7 – Update Hello everyone, this Xiaoliang Jiang from project 1. This is the seventh week for my internship. As the project approaches the end, for this week, I revised several existing functions and added some new to improve the stability of my whole R extension package, including Integrated Continue reading Week 7: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 6

For week six of my internship, I’ve been diving into the spatial search history of DataONE. The DataONE search interface includes a map that allows users to restrict search results to a spatial area on the map. We were curious about what areas of the Earth are the most common Continue reading Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 6

Design and Edits – DataONE Messaging Week 6

Hello Folks, This week in messaging I’ve been continuing to work on design and develop metrics/visuals specific to each each of DataONE’s audiences (researcher, repository, librarian, funder). Ed Flathers and I had another chance to collaborate and I think you’ll all enjoy the output of our conversations. We took the Continue reading Design and Edits – DataONE Messaging Week 6

Week 6: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 6 – Update Hello everyone, this Xiaoliang Jiang from project 1. This is the sixth week for my internship. For this week, I kept trying to made some changes on my existing functions, including tried a new structure of my inserted breaks, revised user interface, and modified my function Continue reading Week 6: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 7: ECSO Imports Old and New

This week I have been mainly focused on resolving issues with MIREOT imports. I checked all external import ontologies classes versus those within ECSO and found that on my Protégé these were importing correctly. However, following a screen share yesterday with Margaret we discovered that she is missing external ontology Continue reading Week 7: ECSO Imports Old and New

Week-8-Update

During this week, we had an intensive discussion about the YesWorkflow Data Model vocabulary. Finally, we came to a conclusion that we should adopt the following predicates between Port, Data and Resource. <Port> yw:sends/yw:receives <Data> <Data> yw:wasReadFrom/yw:wasWrittenTo <Resource> To distinguish prospective and retrospective provenance, we used two different RDF Turtle Continue reading Week-8-Update

Week 5: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 5 – Update Hello everyone, this is Xiaoliang Jiang from project 1. This is the fifth week for my internship. For this week, I made some changes on my existing functions, including created a new function to generate associations between entities, revised the RDF structure and modified logic structure Continue reading Week 5: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Prospective and Retrospective Provenance Queries: Week 7 – Fine-tuning YW Model & SPARQL queries

Hi all, It’s Linh Hoang, the intern from project 3 (again 🙂 ). Time flies! And we are reaching the last few weeks of the internship! This week, we mainly spent time for fine-tuning our YW Model. Some minor changes were made for naming convention purposes. Also documentations of the model including Continue reading Prospective and Retrospective Provenance Queries: Week 7 – Fine-tuning YW Model & SPARQL queries