Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 9

The last goal of my DataONE summer internship was to try to determine whether or not metadata quality is related to data downloads. In other words, does higher quality metadata increase the likelihood that a dataset will be downloaded? The basic approach to answering the question is to gather two Continue reading Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 9

Outreach Products from the Internship – DataONE Messaging Week 9

The time has come to say goodbye… My experience from this summer has been invaluable. As one of my goals from the summer was to develop marketing materials that I could use as examples in future job applications, I’d say the journey was a success. My four outputs from the Continue reading Outreach Products from the Internship – DataONE Messaging Week 9

Week 9: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 9 – Update Hello everyone, this Xiaoliang Jiang from project 1. This is the last week for my internship. For this week, I mainly focus on making documentation files and I also fixed some little problems with my function. Last week, I finished last several parts of my function Continue reading Week 9: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 8

One of the goals of this internship is to use the Metadata Quality API reporting feature to score metadata records within the DataONE system and then attempt to determine whether that metadata score has any relationship with whether or not (or how many times) a dataset described by that metdata Continue reading Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 8

Week 8: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Week 8 – Update Hello everyone, this Xiaoliang Jiang from project 1. This is the eighth week for my internship. As the project approaches the end, for this week, I kept revising my R extension by adding some new functions to improve the stability of my whole R extension package, Continue reading Week 8: Markdown-based Semantic Annotation of Workflow Scripts – Project 1

Prospective and Retrospective Provenance Queries: Week 9 – Wrapped up week, internship final report & paper producing!

Hi everyone, It’s Linh from project 3 again. This is my last week at DataONE as a summer intern. Most of the time, I spent on wrapping up our works, including: reorganize the GitHub repository, writing the internship final report simultaneously with a workshop paper. Our team intend to submit Continue reading Prospective and Retrospective Provenance Queries: Week 9 – Wrapped up week, internship final report & paper producing!

Starting a Poster for the AHM – DataONE Messaging Week 8

Next week marks my last as a summer intern, I plan to post my final products in next week’s post. For this week I thought I could reflect on the somewhat unexpected things I was able to take time to learn during this internship. A number of the graphics you Continue reading Starting a Poster for the AHM – DataONE Messaging Week 8

Week 9: Final Product Arctic ECSO

The last week of my DataONE summer internship has been filled with exciting advances. I worked on adding more permafrost classes to the Arctic ECSO and pruned the new ENVO import. Mark and Margaret presented on ECSO at the Earth Science Information Partners meeting in Bloomington Indiana. The new ENVO Continue reading Week 9: Final Product Arctic ECSO

Final Edits on the Two Pager – DataONE Messaging Week 7

Hello All, This week in design was focused on developing metrics and edits. Ed and I worked on wordclouds for the search terms used in DataONE user searches and the most common words in the abstracts held in DataONE’s collection of metadata. It’s nice to see that there is alignment Continue reading Final Edits on the Two Pager – DataONE Messaging Week 7

Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 7

For the seventh week of my internship, I took up a few spatial questions that I discussed with my mentor group, as well as looking into the temporal component of DataONE search. Last week, I looked at searches in DataONE that are spatially explicit: searches that specify a collection of Continue reading Exploration of Search Logs, Metadata Quality and Data Discovery: Week 7