The first half of this week was really intense, getting our work ready to demonstrate on video for the ISWC conference submission! My labmate Brendan worked hard on the presentation layer, while I spent most of my time on the functional half. In order to perform a conversion utilizing the Continue reading Week 9 – RDFa and the trouble with triples
There was a deadline extension for the conference call for workshops that we hope to submit the Metadata Environment Annotator work to, and so we have been working on polishing the functionality of the tool. Now that the broswer interface can get a lot of the necessary information for RDF Continue reading Week 8 –
I know this entry is several days late; many apologies. I have been moving to a new apartment. This week, one of my labmates, Brendan, started working on more implementation things for the Metadata Environment so that I could focus on some academic writing about the project. We hope to Continue reading Week 7 – Switching gears and switching living spaces….
With my column header selection function working from last week, I started implementing some of the functions that will use it. The data environment keeps track at all times now which columns are selected in an array. Some of the functions are toggle functions, for turning on or off certain Continue reading Week 6 – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the DOM
This week, I focused on taking my context menu and selectable column header functions from my test files and implementing them in the project itself. The latter function took a bit of time for me to wrangle into place, but I managed with some help from one of my lab Continue reading Week 5 – Making column headers change colors in preparation for bigger and better things
The last few weeks, I was mostly working with my mentors on enumerating new functions to add to the Metadata Environment and designing how they would fit in. I was also doing a lot of prototyping. This week, I started to really get into working on implementation. One portion of Continue reading Week 4 – Adding new functions!
This week I started writing, beginning with a description of the Data Environment project overall, why it is important, and what I hope it will enable. With this high-level overview in mind, I refined my descriptions of the desired functionalities for the Data Environment. I also started a second document Continue reading Week 2 –
The goal of the Next Generation Data Environment is to provide a browser-based graphical interface for conversion of CSV files into RDF linked data format. Users will be able to define a schema for their conversion by dragging and dropping classes and properties from OWL ontologies directly onto a CSV Continue reading Week 1 – Project Overview and Related Work