We had several wonderful conversations about our poster at ASIST 2011 in New Orleans. Thanks to all those who checked out our poster, asked questions, and gave us suggestions for further research. Please feel free to continue that discussion by leaving a comment.
Over the last 10 weeks I have moved this project forward in substantial ways while learning several new tools. Things I have completed: An in depth search of 4 datasets during my first week: PANGAEA 21, PANGAEA 31, PANGAEA 49, and PANGAEA 59 During my second week i traveled to Bellingham, Continue reading Week 10 Update: A Summary of My Internship→
Here are links to the Mendeley groups used to organize and tag the articles used in this study. Groups are organized by repository and then by the method of collection, either Google Scholar (GS) or Web of Science (WoS). 1. Array Express – GS and WoS 2. Biological Magnetic Resonance data Bank Continue reading Links to Mendeley Data→
Please take a look at the poster I have created for for the ASIS&T Conference. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can view our poster here. You can view the poster abstract here.
After choosing HEPData, the High Energy Physics Data Repository, as our 10th repository, I spent this week doing all the aspects of data collection related to the repository from populating the HEPData Google Spreadsheet, searching Web of Science for the Data Collection Article and exporting the citing articles to Dropbox, Continue reading Week 9 Update: Data Collection Complete→
We decided to use HepData for our 10th repository. I’ve spent the last couple days gathering data of the 92 repositories and today working with Web of Science to gather the articles that cite the Data Collection article. This work so far can be found in the HepData Google Spreadsheet.
Last week started by completing data collection for the IQSS Web of Science citations. The rest of the week was spent brainstorming new ideas, planning the rest of my internship, doing a lot of data cleanup, and starting to put together our poster for the ASIS&T conference which was accepted Continue reading Week 8 Update→
I just updated the tagging structure so it shows what was actually applied and better defined some of the tags. The updated tagging structure is below with tags in italics: Tags for Use in Mendeley How was the article found? data cited – the article was found through Google Continue reading Updated Tagging Structure→
Yesterday, Heather and I met on Skype to discuss choosing a 10th repository for the study. We discussed not including the Journal Archive set of repositories in the total collection and adding two more repositories instead of 1 to make up the total of 10 repositories in the study. As Continue reading July 20, 2011 – Choosing a 10th Repository→
Today we heard that our poster proposal for the ASIS&T conference was one of the 47% of posters that were accepted. A few minor changes were suggested, mostly beefing up the methods section. We will now need to work on converting our poster paper into a poster. The originally submitted Continue reading ASIS&T Poster Paper Accepted→