I have uploaded the complete PDF document to the plone site.
I took Carly’s tips and finally got the bibliography look right without manually changing anything! The Wikibook was also very helpful, although their explanations are kind of dry. Here is an outline of the lecture notes: context of the topic: infectious disease and mammal conservation key concepts and background theory: Continue reading Bibliography done and thoughts for lecture note
I have modified the formatting and the text in box 1. I will work on the rest of the document today.
I’ve added this box into the document, providing explanations for some statistic terms for the students. Let me know if you think of other terms I should include here. HostEcologyAndParasiteDiversity_p7
Last week, I was making progress in learning how to create a document in LaTeX. I finished a complete draft of the main document, including a general introduction, instructions for students, and solutions for instructors. I have received feedback from Carly and will make modification based on her comments. There Continue reading Weekly update for Jul 18-22
I finally got the reference list look OK — I tried doing it somewhat automatically but it looks awful, so I manually modify the formatting a little bit. I would love to hear more tips on Thursday (chatting with Carly). I uploaded a document to the plone cite, which includes Continue reading new document
Some possibilities: I can create a demonstration document (e.g. ppt) to go along with the lab activity in the first module. This will provide some theoretical background and the results from previous study. Some more advanced analytic methods could also be introduced such as other approaches to controlling for sampling Continue reading Second project
sorry that I didn’t update the notebook last week due to a few sick days. I’m finishing up PART I, which is the general introduction of the module. I will work on the comments before I upload the file to the plone site again. update: part I done; most comments Continue reading PART I done
I have uploaded the new PDF file to the plone site. There are still some formatting problems, especially the R output text would go beyond the right side of the text body — too wide. I have reduced the font size two degrees (using footnote size), but they are still Continue reading PDF file
I am very happy about this feature of LaTeX that it interacts with R! I got my embedded R codes work! I changed the data set back to only contain raw data (not log-transformed data). I think this is better for the students to understand the data by looking at Continue reading LaTeX interacting with R