I took Carly’s tips and finally got the bibliography look right without manually changing anything! The Wikibook was also very helpful, although their explanations are kind of dry.
Here is an outline of the lecture notes:
- context of the topic: infectious disease and mammal conservation
- key concepts and background theory: (parasite) diversity, comparative analysis, threat status, sampling effort, phylogenetic auto-correlation…
- methodology: diversity estimators, phylogenetic comparative analysis, multivariate analysis
- results in previous studies (primates, carnivores, and ungulates)
- implications for conservation (one study in primates)