Week 6 – Data Paper Analysis Complete

It took a little longer than expected, but I completed analyzing all 53 Ecological Data Papers. This led to the addition of a few more errors. More commonly, I started noting where errors overlapped each other. There are a few errors that cross categories. I found in some cases the data paper error clearly belonged in one overarching category rather than another, but a few were ambiguous. The next step for the error categorization is to reduce the overlaps in error descriptions as much as possible. I’ll also spend some time determining some of the most common errors. For example, about 18% of the errors I found were grammatical errors.

I also spent some time refining the data center manager questionnaire. There were a few minor changes based on feedback from Carol Tenopir. I also entered the survey into Qualtrics. We are still waiting for IRB approval, but once that comes through, the survey is ready to deploy. I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*