Here are my activities for Week One. Mostly I’ve been working on some background reading in order to structure the rest of the summer. The outline from my mentor plan is below.
Hope everyone else activities are going well!
Week 1 (Jun 4th – Jun 8th)
High Level Background Research
Development opportunities for the intern:
Background preparation/information gathering:
Create background reading list & annotated bibliography to address the following questions/themes:
- What is a registry?
- Identify existing registries?
- Identify the range of registries (metadata/standards/ontologies)
- Who is evaluating registries?
- What methods are they using?
- What type of evaluation is currently underway & what’s been done?
- Where are the gaps?
This background research will help structure the remainder of the project. The purpose of this work is to provide a solid foundation for identifying and understanding the relevant literature, registries, and past and current projects that will inform the current project.