I spent the brunt of this week continuing my work on updating the Annotator. Originally I was finishing the implementation of maintaining state of the webapp on page refresh, but it became a more complex task to ensure that events were bound properly both on an original load of a CSV file, and on a refresh. I’ve ended up moving and tidying some of the involved code from last summer, which I hope will simplify the rest of my updates.
On another note, I also chatted with Ben Leinfelder this week about the Annotator, and how we might be able to link it in with DataONE’s data resources. We’ll be looking at that in more detail next week, I think, along with bringing in Robin’s work on ontology recommendation, as well. So hopefully in the coming week, the Annotator will gain some interesting new capabilities.