I worked with Stacy and Amber through the rough cut and fine cut of DataONE’s first Data Story inspired video. I know the anticipation is killing you but, I should be able to post it in its entireity on the DataONE vimeo site next week (once approved by a DataONE committee). So, here are two stills to whet your palette.
Final finishing for a video takes a lot more time than one might think. The devil is in the details and I must admit this isn’t my favorite part. This is the time for color correct and adding final graphics. I also needed to check the audio levels of each sound effect, piece of music, and narration line.
The most challenging part for me is working in After Effects. It’s not my strong point so it was very time consuming. I made 2 templates which animated the text for the typing on screen and the numbers counting up. I wrote an “expression” for the first time. I also made a separate filter which I laid over all of the DSLR footage to make it appear more “Super 8”-ish. Finally, each photograph was manipulated in photoshop.