I spent most of last week working with the Metadata Standards Directory page on GitHub. Last week I noticed that some of the links to use cases and the standards themselves were out-of-date. I spent part of the week going over all the links on the page and updating as I came across bad links. I was a little nervous about using GitHub; editing the page was helpful practice in pushing commits to the page.
I also spent some time reading and gathering information about Jekyll. I watched a few online tutorials, and read the information on the site itself, as well as on the GitHub site. I don’t have a solid grasp of Jekyll yet, but I will be meeting up with a friend of mine this week who is a programmer, and familiar with both GitHub and Jekyll. I’m hoping that sitting with someone and asking questions as they come to me will help.
This week I will be tackling some literature on use cases and continuing my work with Jekyll.