My name is Angela Murillo, I just finished my second-year as a doctoral student at the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I received my MLIS May 2010. My bachelor’s degrees are in Geosciences, English, and Spanish. During my English and Spanish degrees I focused mainly on urban studies and transnational literatures. During my Geoscience degree my research was focused in paleoclimatology.
Here are some of my research interests:
- Digital curation and preservation.
- Scientific data management, reuse of data, metadata, and collaboration
- Social and cultural aspects of information seeking behavior and use of information.
Here are some projects that I am working with:
- Project Manager for the DigCCurr II Project (http://www.ils.unc.edu/digccurr/aboutII.html)
- DARI Core Team, Data-At-Risk Inventory, Metadata Research Center (http://ils.unc.edu/mrc/dari)
Visit my website if you’d like: http://amurillo.web.unc.edu/