This week’s activities:
- Sent out first round recruitment to a list of people in Synthesis Centers. Contacted Amber for more potential participants.
- Expanded the list of case studies. Looked at member nodes such as USGS, NEON, KNB, LTER, etc.
- Updated bibliography with a series of papers on interdisciplinary collaboration.
Next week plan:
- Continue to send out recruitment emails. Conduct interviews and transcribe recordings.
- Wrap up the list of case studies. Range is within DataONE member nodes. Found out some cases focused on human health but used environmental data hopefully within in DataONE networks. Write up a section in white paper documenting how we select the cases, why we do this, what are the domains of authors in the cases, and how can environmental data help human health studies.
- Contact USGS environmental health group. Find out institution history of working with interdisciplinary fields. Talk to key personnel and look at some documents, try to understand how they identify new communities and how they bring different disciplines together.
- Develop a stakeholders Map, figure out the communication channels. The focus is how we can bridge the emerging communities and their data needs.
- Continue to update bibliography, focusing synthesis centers and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Any comments are welcomed!