With my column header selection function working from last week, I started implementing some of the functions that will use it. The data environment keeps track at all times now which columns are selected in an array. Some of the functions are toggle functions, for turning on or off certain Continue reading Week 6 – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the DOM
This week, I focused on taking my context menu and selectable column header functions from my test files and implementing them in the project itself. The latter function took a bit of time for me to wrangle into place, but I managed with some help from one of my lab Continue reading Week 5 – Making column headers change colors in preparation for bigger and better things
The last few weeks, I was mostly working with my mentors on enumerating new functions to add to the Metadata Environment and designing how they would fit in. I was also doing a lot of prototyping. This week, I started to really get into working on implementation. One portion of Continue reading Week 4 – Adding new functions!
This week I started writing, beginning with a description of the Data Environment project overall, why it is important, and what I hope it will enable. With this high-level overview in mind, I refined my descriptions of the desired functionalities for the Data Environment. I also started a second document Continue reading Week 2 –
The goal of the Next Generation Data Environment is to provide a browser-based graphical interface for conversion of CSV files into RDF linked data format. Users will be able to define a schema for their conversion by dragging and dropping classes and properties from OWL ontologies directly onto a CSV Continue reading Week 1 – Project Overview and Related Work